Sunday, December 15, 2013

Now is the Time









I have developed a reputation for being anti-Monsanto, and I am, but I'm also pro-Homesteading.  I've tried very hard to be more than just words or a sign.  Living off the land is my call, it's what I was created to do, and in that, I am blessed to know what I'm eating and what I'm serving.
Whether it's our choice to blame the other political party, the devil in our religion, or Monsanto in our food supply, the real fact of the matter is, The responsibility to change what we don't like, lies in that reflection we see every morning in the mirror!

One of he first sentences we learned in typing class comes to mind.  Although it first read "party" rather than country, by the time I had typing class, the word "country" was in place.
The phrase was proposed as a typing drill by a teacher named Charles E. Weller. Incidentally, many typing books now use the variant "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." instead, because it exactly fills out a 70-space line if you put a period at the end.



We can take the responsibility back, but we need to get with it, to do so.  Next spring is the last planting season before the year the land is to rest, so "Now is the time . . .!"

No comments:

Post a Comment